Friday, June 27, 2014

What Shari, Pup, and Erin said!

Hello again all my loyal readers. For the newbies, my name is Alissa and I'll be a junior this year. Just like everyone else, I'm feeling a bit old and I'm very much looking forward to meeting the incoming freshmen. I've met a few and they seem like they fit really well with the team. I'm majoring in exercise science with minors in athletic coaching and spanish. After I graduate I want to go to grad school for strength and conditioning and try to get a grad assistant job to start getting into coaching. My ideal place to go would be Tennessee, or anywhere except Ohio. Anyways...this summer has been pretty repetitive. Work, workout, sleep, repeat. I work in the weight room at the Packard center on campus and I lifeguard at a bunch of different pools around the area. Basically I get paid to sit on my butt.

Basically the only thing worth telling about my summer so far that wouldn't put you to sleep is kids camp. Exciting right? This week we put on a camp for high school kids and then we had younger kids after. Only 4 high schoolers came so it was a lot more personal. On the last day, a freshman bet me $20 that she could make a half court shot. Of course I agreed because there's no way right? Wrong. She made it on the first try. Banked it right in then laughed in my face. Kids these days man....no respect. The younger kids camp was a lot more fun - mostly because those kids didn't cost me any money. I was obviously everyone's favorite coach -- especially the 8th grade girls. I mean....do you blame them *sassy girl emoji*

Okay story times over. Until next time my friends.
Alissa Munro #13


Oh, and here's a picture to make sure everyone knows who the best class on the team is #JuniorSquad