Monday, June 23, 2014

No blog = No rings..

Hi yall,

My name is Shari Mangas and I will be a senior this upcoming school year at BW. It's crazy to think that 4 years ago I was getting ready to type my first blog as a BW yellowjacket... now this is my last first of the year blog. I apologize for the lack of blogs and the lateness of this one, it's been quite an eventful and busy summer thus far. I figured I needed to type this as soon as possible because I would love to have my OAC championship ring that is being held hostage until this post gets done. So here it is coach :)

Anyways, as mentioned before, my summer is quite stressful and busy. I currently work with Allyson Helleis, number 5, at the athletic facilities here at BW. We do a lot of mowing, picking up trash and mowing some more. We also work with a 2 time National Champion, Kevin Johnson, or as everyone calls him, KJ. After work gets out at 330, we head on over to the rec and get a nice lift and workout in and sometimes play with the guys. And no, they usually don't take it easy on us; we're all athletes and hate losing. I'm also an assistant manager at a new athletic apparel company called KOHR; so my nights are usually based around those meetings and modeling pictures and ordering inventory. You all should check us out and order some gear, I promise it's lovely stuff :)  http://www.kohrsports.com/

Outside of basketball and work I have been trying to spend a lot more of my time going home, which is Leipsic, Ohio and approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes from campus. My sister just had a beautiful daughter, Adria Rose, and I know during the school year I won't be able to make the trip home as often because I'll be extra busy finishing up my last two semesters of college with an internship and basketball going on. I'm a Sport Management major and I love everything about BW and this program! We hope to continue our excellence this year on and off the court while inhabiting a new lockerroom which I can't wait to see when it is all completed!!



Shari Mangas #20