Thursday, July 18, 2013

     Hi my name is Mackenzie Colombo and I will be an upcoming freshman this year.  I missed my week for the blog because I was on vacation and thought mine was this week so its a little late!  I am very excited to become a yellow jacket and play college basketball.  I went to Strasburg High School which is about an hour and a half away.  I also cheered for the football team but basketball has always been my passion.  I have a younger brother who just turned 16 and he and I have played in the driveway ever since I can remember.  My whole family is really big basketball fans.  My dad coached my brother and I when we were younger.  In high school my team played Berlin Hiland at home and my junior year we beat them to win the IVC, which is our conference.  That was probably my favorite high school memory in basketball.  This summer I have been very busy.  I went on a senior trip with my friends and then the week after I was with my family so unfortunately I missed the first open gym but I am looking forward to meeting all of you!  I have met a few of you on my overnight visit with Megan McKean who is also an upcoming freshman.  You