Monday, July 25, 2011

Freshman (:





Hello (: My name is Sharlee Bailey, and I will be a freshman this year. I am so excited to start school in about a month and finally meet everyone. I am a graduate of Wadsworth High, the home of the Grizzlies, red and white. Wadsworth is about forty-five minutes from BW. I plan on majoring in Middle Childhood Education focusing on math and science, while minoring in Speech Pathology. Throughout high school, I played volleyball and basketball; for the years that i was healthy, that is. Going into my sophomore basketball season, i tore my left ACL and Meniscus, which consisted of an eighth-month recovery. I managed to stay pretty healthy throughout my junior year, but then I tore my left Meniscus during a summer league game, which Coach Harrer was actually watching. After the Doctor repaired my knee, i had a four-month recovery just in time to play my senior year. I was doing good until one weekend in December when I went down with a right ACL tear at Classic in the Country, which Coach Harrer, once again, was watching. Bad luck charm maybe? haha Getting through high school was pretty rough, but I am happy to say I was just released to play basketball again! The doctor says my knees are now much stronger than they were before and, as long as I keep up with my strength training, my ACL's should be fine. My family was a huge support group that got me through. My mom and dad, Bev and Dave, were here for me every step of the way. My sisters Holland, 22 years old, and Jani, 15 years old, also had my back at all times. I am rooming with Jenny and we are basically all ready to move into Carmel. I spend most of my time in rehab, working out, hanging out with friends, and sleeping. I hope everyone is enjoying the last month of summer, and i can't wait for basketball season to start! (:

My pictures...
1st picture: This was senior night and also the night right before I got surgery. My Coach let me start the game and catch the tip off to start the game. It was pretty exciting; still wish I could have played.
2nd picture: This is me, after my third surgery; during the recovery of each one, my friends were constantly visiting me to keep me company.
3rd picture: This is my family supporting me at my graduation.