Friday, December 21, 2012

CHRISTMAS BREAK

Hello Lady Yellow Jackets & Friends!

                  It is the first friday of break! I love thinking that we should have had class all week, but thanks to Christmas break, we have been able to relax and focus on basketball! So far we have been out to eat at some pretty yummy places, including this Moosehead something er another restaurant. It is easily one of my favorite restaurants ever. I got a Moosini. In case anyone was wondering. We jsut got done with practice and now have some free time before we hit up Tony K's. I think that all the free food has got to be my favorite part of break. And the team bonding, duh.  Our christmas party isn't until after christmas this year, but that will be alright. Now we have more time for us to practice our skit.  Or plan our skit, because we really have no idea what we are doing so far.  (Every year the freshamn and the upperclassman each put on a skit at the party).  I would also like to say that I'm beginning to be addicted to mario kart on the wii in the locker room. It is too fun. And with all of the downtime, the mario kart theme song is pretty much on constantly in the locker room. But I'm totallllllyyyy not complaining. I love it. Tomorrow we have a huge game vs otterbein. This exact same game 2  years ago was one of my all time favorite games as a player.   We were down by at least 20 points in the second half and fought our way back to being only down three! Then Captain America, Rachel Rossman, got fouled on a three pointer as time expired. She made all three free throws to send it into overtime, and the Lady Jackets won (that whole play by play was in Eddy Jansen's voice.. a.k.a voice of the lady yellow jackets). 
                Though that game was fantastic, I must say that I would like it more if we just beat them by 35-40 points. Merry Christmas!
               
-Jessica Lairson #3