Sunday, July 13, 2014

Marissa "Mo Mo" Hellisz



Hey everyone! My name is Marissa Hellisz but to the team I’m known as “Mo Mo” (thanks to Janaya for coming up with it last year). I will be a junior this year and it really is hard to believe how quickly my time at BW has gone so far! I have a double major in Pre-Physical Therapy and Exercise Science in order to become a physical therapist in the near future. Also I’m a multi-sport athlete who competes in both basketball and track so I have a very busy schedule during the school year. I went to Normandy high school in Parma (which is the opposite way of BW on Bagley) and I’m a commuter because I live about 10-15 minutes from BW depending on traffic. Some more things about me, I love seeing movies so if you ever want to know if a movie is good or worth seeing ask me, because I’ve probably seen it or I’m going to see it. Another thing is I love super heroes, batman especially, I have some super hero shirts you’ll probably see me wearing throughout the year. I also love Nike that’s pretty much the only brand you’ll see me wear and I was so happy this past year our shoes were Nike! The upper classmen also know me for my Nike tank tops that I wear to our shoot arounds and they tease me because I have the same shirt in more than a dozen different colors haha.

This summer has been the best one for me so far because I’ve been able to do a lot of things I enjoy doing. Basketball is something I absolutely love so for me preparing for next year’s basketball season (by lifting, shooting and playing pick-up games) is something I enjoy and get excited about. I know everyone on the team is working hard to be the best because we know what it takes to get to that next level. I’m so excited for next season and can’t wait for all our hard work to pay off. Besides working on my game, I’ve been able to catch up with a few of my best friends who went away to college and that I’ve been with since grade school! I’m an adventurous person so we go hiking to many different places, go on bike rides, swim and just do things to enjoy the outdoors. I’m a very active person so I always find something fun to keep me busy. When I’m not hanging out and catching up with friends, I’m working a few part time jobs and doing my two summer classes. I had the opportunity to meet a few of the freshmen who are awesome and I can’t wait to meet the rest of them! :) I’m looking forward to seeing everyone again and I’m so pumped to see where this year is going to take us!

Marissa Hellisz #22