Tuesday, July 15, 2014

HEYYYYY from Illinois :)

Well ive never blogged before but here goes nothing! My name is Katie Swanson and im going to be a freshman this coming year. I live in Elgin, IL which is about 6 hours from BW. My birthday is August 20th which is the day I will be leaving for BW. Yes....im a youngster....I will be turning 18 :) Ohhh I heard most of the girls can only tell me and Katie Smith apart by "Katie from IL" and "Katie from 15 mins away".....that needs to change! haha. I will also be rooming with Katie, which is going to be awesome and I cant wait to move into the dorm! Well anyways, I want to go into veterinary medicine so I'll probably major in biology or some type of science.....don't really know yet. I live with my mom, Lenora, my dad, David, and my brother, Matt, who is going to be a junior at Ball State University in Indiana. AND I also live with my wonderful dog, Maxie. She is a golden retriever and is 9 years old but has cancer and isn't doing too well...  But getting away from that subject, I just started working at a local animal clinic in the beginning of summer! MY FIRST JOB...uhhh that was scary at first. Have had many experiences both good and bad and many stories to tell...so if you want to know about life working at a animal clinic just ask! Today was a bit of a shock at work cuz one of my coworkers got bit in the face by a dog...shes okay but has a couple holes in her chin and neck. Anyways, besides working at the animal clinic, I have been playing in a basketball summer league with a local college but that just ended....lets just say my team didn't have height besides me and one other girl. What else? I haven't really done much this summer other than work and play basketball. I'm trying to get my mom to go up to Wisconsin the weekend before my birthday and go fishing on one of the lakes! Well that's all I can think of to say. Cant wait to be at BW and become really close with the team :) See you guys soon!!


Katie Swanson


*tried to upload a pic of Maxie but it wouldn't work :(