Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Let's Make it Happen!


Hey everyone I hope all is well with you! 

I can’t believe we just finished our seventh practice, it feels so surreal because I have been waiting so long for the season to start and now it’s finally here. For me these past two months have flown by and I still can’t believe last week was midterms and I’m already meeting with my advisor to schedule spring classes, where has this time gone! In just about three and a half weeks we’ll be starting our first game in the Rochester tournament in New York and I can’t wait for the team’s hard work to finally pay off. Throughout the entire conditioning everyone was killing the times and pushing themselves past their limits in preparation for this year. I couldn’t be any more excited or proud of my team for all the hard work we have put in and I can’t wait to see the outcome of this season. This year has been awesome so far, between volunteering at Camp Cheerful’s Halloween dance and having the opportunity to work the concessions for the Cavs Wine and Gold scrimmage held in our gym. Also, this is one of my favorite times of the year because this is when my brother Ryan, my sister Alysa, my friends Tina and Anthony and I go to haunted houses. In the past two years we have traveled all over in order to find the best haunted houses and I have the top three that we must always go to every year, which are the Mansfield Reformatory, The Fear Experience and Bloodview. The Mansfield prison is the best because you get to actually walk through the entire prison which takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour to get through as they have people jumping out of cells and props set up everywhere. We always have a fun time going to the haunted houses and we look forward to going every year. My second year at BW has been awesome so far and I can’t wait to see what the rest of this year has to hold for me!

Marissa Hellisz #22