Sunday, October 13, 2013

It's time!

Hey everyone! It has been an interesting year so far! I've been busy with classes and conditioning, but weeeeeee maddeeeee it! We finished our 33 20's Friday morning! We all killed the times and we are ready for the season to start! I can not wait! Besides conditioning and classes, I started an internship with YouthChallenge! YouthChallenge is an adaptive sports program for kid with disabilities. It is such a great experience, and I love that we can get kids active, no matter if they are in a wheelchair or not. And to go along with getting kids with disabilities a change to be "normal", the team went to Camp Cheerful and helped the kids there for the weekend camp get all dressed up in costumes for a Halloween dance! We danced the night away, and the kids had a blast! In other news, I met Anderson Varejao at the Wine and Gold scrimmage that was held in our gym. It was perfect. He is my favorite basketball player of all time! (P.S. He makes me look like a midget). I would add a picture, but whenever I try to post it there is just a bunch of words and numbers....so just imagine me looking like a small child next to him! Annddddd that's all folks! Here's to a great season with great people! AWWWWWW JACKETS!! Lexi Rohrbach #45