Monday, January 14, 2013

Great Start in 2013!


Hey everyone!

Today was the first day back to class after our month long break and I definitely don’t like getting up early again. I could’ve got used to sleeping in, hanging out with friends, playing video games, doing whatever I wanted and of course playing basketball every day for the rest of my life, but now I have to get back into my regular routine. I was obsessed the past few weeks playing my new PS3 I got for Christmas and was addicted to playing Call of Duty II, Batman Arkham City and NBA 2K13 which I played whenever possible. I definitely enjoyed my Christmas break spending quality time with my family and friends and getting to eat so much awesome food. I also spent most of my time with my basketball girls (aka my second family) going out to eat, doing team bonding activities, playing in the Michigan tournament and of course enjoying our Christmas party which was hilarious and so much fun. :) Ever since the beginning of 2013, our team is back to the way we were at the start of the season and all our hard work is paying off because we’re on a winning streak! This past week we had our GPA dinner for our two GPA teams that were organized at the start of the semester. How the GPA teams worked was at the end of the semester all the GPAs of the members on the team were added up and whichever team had the lowest had to cook dinner for the other team and themselves. The GPAs were actually really close but my team couldn’t pull out the victory so we had to cook dinner and I have to say we did a pretty good job. I’m looking forward to seeing us finish this season strong because at this rate we’re definitely moving in the right direction! :)    

Marissa #22