Monday, August 12, 2013

Hello everyone!

My name is Gabrielle Vitez and I am an incoming freshman. I am beyond excited to attend Baldwin Wallace University but at the same time I am very nervous! I met some of the teammates when I attended an open gym in July. I was extremely scared coming in not only as a freshman, but also not being able to play due to recent surgeries I recently had. I felt so welcomed by all the girls, and really enjoyed everyone's fun loving attitudes. Well, a little about me now... I am 1 of 3 children. I have an older sister named Emilee who graduated from Slippery Rock University in Pennsylvania. I also have an older brother named Nate, who is 20 years old. I am the youngest of the family. My creators, Rachel and Joe Vitez, are my rock. They are so supportive and loving. In 2008 I suffered a traumatic brain injury in basketball that still affects me today. Without their constant love and support I don't know how I would have gotten through that time in my life. Even though it has been 5 years since my injury, there are still good and bad days. I try my best to always have a positive attitude and outlook on life now. Due to my injury it really gave me a different look on what life and basketball really means. Hope everyone has been enjoying their summers! I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone better and growing as a person! I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone better and growing as a person! I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone better and growing as a person!

Gabrielle Vitez :)