Thursday, September 27, 2012

YJ4L..literally

Hey everyone! It's Erin.  So far I've been here at BW for about five weeks.  These five weeks have been pretty stressful but have also flown by.  As most of you have know, I have been have quite a rough time adjusting because I'm so shy and homesick, however thanks to a lot of you my transition here becomes a little easier everyday.  Thank you very much everyone, I really appreciate it.  You have all been very nice and welcoming to me and every bit helps.  With that said, I am really excited for the season to start because I think it is going to be a lot of fun (...and that means we have successfully completed boot camp...)  As far as my life goes at BW, it has been really busy with basketball and studying like most of you I'm sure.  I have enjoyed most of my classes, simply because I am a nerd and love to learn, but also because most of my professors are pretty cool.  The old man that always shows up in the rec with the sweatband and high shorts...yea, that's my calc teacher, he's pretty funny.  One of my favorite things so far at BW, was probably our first trip to Camp Cheerful for bonding, I feel like that helped a lot getting to know a little about everyone and I cannot wait to get to know all of you more.  I am really looking forward to basketball season because I know we all will have a lot of fun and challenge a lot of teams.  Again, thank you everyone for all your help making me feel at home, it has really meant a lot.



I think this quote somewhat defines what I need to do in order to succeed here at BW and not be so homesick. 



Love,
Erin Allen