Saturday, November 9, 2013

Rise Above

Hello All!

The season is just about here! I cannot tell you how excited I am to spend this season with these wonderful people.  Last night after practice we had team bonding, which was very long but amazing nonetheless.  Naturally we started off with a team dinner because what's a gathering without food!  Our team already has formed great relationships and we quickly became great friends and teammates in the short time we have spent with each other.  We strengthened our bonds even further when we shared our life heroes, hardships, and highlights.  You can guess in a room full of girls and three guys (Coach Bailey, Coach G, and Coach Blon) there was lots, and lots of crying and laughing.  We all poured our hearts out to each other which really strengthened our bonds and over the course of the season they will only get stronger.  We also played some blind fold dodge ball because there's not too many things more ridiculous than blind folded people throwing things at others.  Obviously my partner Gab and I dominated because we make such a great team.  We did a lot of activities which made for a long night but our team grew even stronger in the process.

Today we scrimmaged Tiffin and did very well.  We were all excited about getting on the court and playing other people than ourselves.  We still have a lot to work on, but we, as a team, strive to be better than yesterday.  This leads me to our team word for the season.  A quick shout-out goes to my girl Pup for coming up with the word, actually words but who's paying attention...  Coach asked us to think of a word that represents our team during team bonding and after hearing what everyone has overcome in their lives already and the many more events that we will encounter in our lives, rise above fit well.  We strive to rise above our opinions on the court, ourselves when we get down, our school work, and everyday obstacles we encounter. I think this word is just about perfect for our team.

I cannot wait for what this season has to offer all of us.  I don't think anyone understands how we feel about each other as teammates and coaches.  I think our chemistry and friendships are deadly for our opponents.  We push each other and pick each other up.  This team is full of great teammates and we have a lot going for us.  We just have to keep getting better than yesterday.

AWWWWWW JACKETS!

Erin Allen #14



     (Just a little something I made from a quote I found because I'm slightly obsessed with quotes..)