Friday, November 8, 2013

ALRIGHTTT

Hello from the crippled! So far, this season has definitely not been what I would have expected my freshmen year to be. Being injured may be one of the most challenging situations I have ever been put into. I miss playing so much and I really miss being out there with the girls. Coming into the season, I was so excited to experience all of my new "first's" like finishing my first preseason conditioning, playing in the first practice, and stepping onto the court as a yellow jacket for the first time. This injury has just really challenged my patience and strength to overcome this adversity. On a more positive note, I am only out 6-8 (crossing my fingers) weeks, and I still feel as if I am a part of this team. Plus, I may be biased, but I have the best coaches and teammates in the world! Numerous of the girls have given me rides to my classes or dinner, opened doors for me, the coaches are working with me to do whatevery they can to get me back as quickly as possible, and one of the most encouraging things was I got a text from almost every single girl on the team after my surgery. That shows true love right there! So, because of my new injury, I have been given a whole new role on the team. I may not be out there physically with the girls, but I hope to be the biggest fan they have sitting on the sidelines & I am doing everything I can to get healthy!! Other than that, school and everything has been going great! Now just looking forward to New York next weekend!!

Until next time,
Megs :)