Tuesday, November 12, 2013

GAME TIME BABY.

OUR FIRST GAME IS THIS WEEK! AND I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO EXPRESS MY EXCITEMENT OVER THE INTERNET! We kick off our first game this Friday at a tournament in Rochester, New York vs Tufts.  Tufts is a school in Massachusetts whose mascot is the "Jumbos".  So there you have it folks.  We shall be playing the Tufts Jumbos. Or the Jumbos of Tufts University.  What is a Jumbo you ask? Simple.  An elephant with tusks. Duh. Tufts Jumbo Tusks. Jumbo Tusks of Tufts.  Ok. I'm done.

So anyways, we leave Thursday morning for Rochester!  I think that of all the things we get to do, traveling to different places and staying in hotels with my teammates has got to be one of my favorite parts of basketball season!  The bus rides are just fun in general and then we get to eat a lot of food, and then we get to goof off in hotel rooms.  Its nice to not have to worry about anything but hanging out with your team and getting better at basketball.  As excited as I am about having a home tournament this year I'm also sad that there won't be anymore regular season overnight trips. I think I would still rather have the home tournament.  But back to my main point, I cannot wait until we finally get to play in our first game.  All of our hard work from bootcamp to this week's practices will hopefully start paying off.

And yeah, you have to know that the season isn't going to be all rainbows and sunshine, there is going to be some bumpy parts.  But I have total faith in  my teammates that we can do anything we want this year, and we can pull each other up from any bad time.

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."
              -Ralph Waldo Emerson

#RiseAbove

Jessica Lairson