Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day

Happy Labor day jacket junkies.  Or should I say, "Today is Labor Day, and it has been a wonderful day of no labor so far! " But i have a sport media relations paper that I really need to start and finish at some point. Anyways, we have been through two weeks of school and one conditioning workout.  It wasn't tooo tooo bad, because coach saw us all crumpling before her eyes and decided to let us slide on the spin around the cone and sprint mumbojumbo.  I can tell this is a great group of people who are going to work hard, work together and have fun.  I need to buy my Celtics ticket for when they come to demolish the cavs on october 27.  It's not going to be a fair game, but it will give me a chance to cheer for Rondo in person.  Other notables coming up is the homecoming football game, the VMA's and of course, Grey's Anatomy season premiere.  I like to watch TV.  Oh yea WE WENT CAMPING, as a team.  It was a first for me.  We had three hotels, winners got to stay in the Ritz, wich was the cabin, and the loosers had to stay in actual tents, aptly named the Econo Lodge and the Ramada.  Jess Carpenter woke up in a puddle of dew. Apparently the Econo Lodge had some leaks.  Thank goodness my team won the scavenger hunt and got to sleep in the cabin.  We won because mostly of JoBeth Roll's obsession of doing things correctly instead of quickly, and Mellissa Hoffenbofen's dad's gardening skills.  Another first for me on this trip was four-wheeling.  You could fit about three people safely on the car thing, and for some reason Schreoder and Catherine let me drive.  I hate driving slowly, and all I heard was them screaming slow down slow down.  Then they threw me in the pool.


AWW JACKETS

STINGM

Monica Gustin