Friday, January 2, 2015

PUERTO RICO!!!!!

Hello all it's KEEKS sitting in the lobby in Puerto Rico awaiting the time to go home. I'm sad that it's time to leave I had such an amazing time and experience! Whoever came up with the idea to come to Puerto Rico you rock! I learned what a plankton was because of course I was thinking about the little person from spongebob lol. The bioluminescent bay was the coolest thing ever. I have never been kayaking so I was nervous of course but it was cool and it's safe to say that I'm a pro now. It kind of reminded me of avatar. Laying out on the beach was fun of course it was so pretty and the water felt amazing. It was cool to experience a different culture because the area around us was not what we were use to. Puerto Rico is such a beautiful place to visit but at the same everyone does not live a beautiful life it's kind of rough. Also being around people who hardly speak English you learn to adopt and ask questions that they understand, so they give you a answer that you understand. The rainforest was really cool and they have the prettiest waterfall I have ever seen. We learned there's no mosquito in the rainforest because the bats eat them also bamboo is grass and it grows 3 centimeters a day. I would come back here in a heart beat because the weather is absoultely gorgeous the sunshines constantly and the views are breathe taking! I also got to room with Erin Casey and Clara which was fun I shared a bed with Erin and we had great stories every morning of things each of us did while sleeping. I believe this trip made the team a lot closer and I'm excited to see what the new year has in store for us. Thanks to Bw and the coaching staff for allowing us to experience something that will probably only happen once in our lives

Happy new year!
Love shekiera aka keeks