Monday, October 26, 2009

1st week of boot camp

This past week was our first week of Training camp, also known as Boot Camp. Our first day was Sunday that consisted of two practices. We worked on defense for the first couple of hours and the second session was offense. During the week we had practice every night from 6-9 except for Wednesday was a nice night off. I got put on laundry duty and I put our clothes in the washer and started it, but I forgot to put the soap in... It's a typical freshman mistake, but don't worry, all our practice clothes are clean, I promise.

I'll never forget picture day a couple weeks ago, walking into the locker room to see your name printed on a Gold plaque on your locker. Hanging on your locker was your jersey and shorts. It was the coolest feeling ever. For a D3 school, it feels pretty professional.

Practices are good for the most part. No one likes running but the excitement and anxiety for the season to start is unbearable. Classes are going well too, I got an A on my psychology midterm exam and I'm going to brag about it because that is and will be the only A I will probably see in my life. Just kidding of course.

"It's a great day to be alive in the Hive." I love Bdubbs! Gooo yellowjackets...

Jen #21