Friday, January 2, 2015

Puerto Rico

Hey everyone!

Tomorrow is our last day in Puerto Rico and it's been a great time! Yesterday we won an exciting game by one point against Emmanuel in overtime, which was a great way to end 2014. Today was an awesome start to 2015 because we went to the rainforest and did the bioluminescent bay. In the rainforest we went into a waterfall which was freezing but definitely worth going into. I learned that you could actually eat the peel of a banana and that the trees in Puerto Rico don't have any rings if you were to cut them down because they don't hibernate like they do in Ohio. The bioluminescent bay was so much fun because we had the opportunity to paddle in a two person kayak into a lagoon to watch the plankton in the water glow. This trip has been a once in a lifetime experience that went by too quickly and is something I'm glad I had the opportunity to experience with my second family. I'm not looking forward to coming home to the cold temperatures again since it's been 80 degrees and sunny everyday I've been here. Puerto Rico is something I will never forget because I've created great memories with some of the best people and I've had the opportunity to experience some amazing things.

Marissa "Momo" Hellisz #22