Thursday, August 7, 2014

2 more weeks!

Hey everybody! My name is Megan Schubert and I'll be a freshman at BW this year! It's so crazy to think that in 14 days I'll be in college with all you guys....ahhhh! I'm so excited! This has been by far the fastest and one of the craziest summers yet. So anyway, here's a little but about me. I'm from the not so famous Ayersville, Ohio, the most podunk town you will ever encounter. It's in the northwest region sort of  by Toledo in case you've never heard of it, so it's a solid 2 1/2 hours away. I have two crazy dogs who I absolutely love, and will probably miss more than my family haha (don't tell them I said that) and two brothers, one will be a freshman in High School :O, and the other will be in Lima going to UNOH.  I'll be majoring in pre-physical therapy with high hopes of later going into occupational therapy later on in the future.
Like I said before, this has been a pretty crazy summer. Last spring I started a job at Dunham's sports so I've been working there over the summer along with helping my friend babysit 2 monstrous kids for a couple of weeks while she was away. Thank goodness that was only for a couple of weeks because I would not have been able to make it all summer with those children...I get nightmares just thinking about it. But anyways along with those glorious jobs I've pretty much been working out & shooting and hanging out with my frends, except about 3 weeks ago when I got to go to Mexico with my church...it was amazing! We stayed in Peto (over in the Yucatan area) for about a week with this partner church we have down there, and I loved it! My friend and I stayed with the cutest old lady ever who was just about 90 years old and less than half of my size ( in case you're wondering I'm 6'3 1/2") so she was pretty freaking adorable! But what we did down there was add on to their church they had started about 2 years ago and also help with their Vacation Bible School. It was one of the most awesome experiences and I could seriously go on all day talking about it so I'll just leave it at that for now.
So anyway that's pretty much been my summer. Now I'm so pumped to get over there to BW and start this new chapter in my life with all you awesome people, and I can't wait to meet whoever I haven't already met! So I'll see you guys soon! Enjoy the rest of your summer!