Monday, February 17, 2014

Time flies when you're having fun

Hey everyone!

I'm writing this in our last week of regular season!  It seems like yesterday we were getting up at 530 AM to run some sprints.  Now we are in our final week of the season, 2 games...6 days...  This is such an awesome but bittersweet fact.  Awesome because we are in control of our own destiny during these last 2 games, bittersweet because I never want the season to end.  We are in control of our destiny because if we win the next two games we stay on top the league going into the OAC tournament! We just have to play our game and focus on all the things that we do well.  If we do that, then we will be first in the regular season! I cannot wait to see what this week brings us! I don't want to get too far ahead of myself though, so our next game (Wednesday) is where the focus lies.  We can think about winning the league, senior day, and all of that starting on Thursday!

On another note, I have an internship with Camp Cheerful in Strongsville.  A big part of the internship is coaching a school-aged wheelchair basketball team.  I must say that the 12 kids that I coach have impacted my life in countless of ways.  The fact that they take their disabilities, throw them aside, and find a way to be competitive and active astounds me. We just had a home game and I was so glad that people got to see them in action!

Well....today we have a late practice, so I am going to try and get a nap in before practice!
Bye for now!
Lexi Rohrbach #45