Tuesday, January 29, 2013

BEAT MOUNT!!

Tomorrow night we host mount union.. eww! Not only is tomorrow night a big rivalry game for us, but it is also our Hoops for the Cure game!! Fans and students will come out wearing pink to support us and this great cause!! We had a really good, hard practice yesterday, in preparations for tomorrow, and tonight will be no different! Its unbelievable how quick this season has gone and it sure has been a season to remember!! Beginning back when we all first met each other and did team building activities at camp cheerful, (where we even got to pie the coaches in the face) our early morning preseason workouts, (20 sui's later) winning the franklin tipoff tournament, (hotels and bus rides, need I say more) the power outage break bonding, (practicing in the dark, there really is a first for everything :) ) having campus to ourselves over winter break, and many many more memories! Not only will these memories made forever be remembered, but so will the friendships. Our team is truly the definition of family. The everlasting charm, determination, love, knowledge, skills and strength is what separates us from the rest. I have strengthened and made many new friendships with every single one of my teammates this year, and I couldn't be luckier to call them my teammate and friend. I want to take this time to thank coach and the seniors for bringing us all together. The seniors all have fantastic leadership and basketball skills, tremendous work ethic and are all role models in my life. I couldn’t be more fortunate to have been given the opportunity to play college basketball and be friends with any more amazing girls! My teammates are my second family and I love them all so much!

All out, all day! 
Ya look good, ya play good! 
Yeehaw! 

Go Jackets!
Laurel Thomas