Monday, January 28, 2013

All we have, in everything we do :)


Hello fellow players, curious parents, excited recruits, coach and whoever else may be reading my wonderful blog right now :) So glad you could join us today! Goodness the time does fly when you're playing ball! It seems like just yesterday we were waking up at 5am for our first morning workout, and now here we are with just a few weeks left…6 games to go. It is truly baffling how much you learn when you go to college! Haha I mean obviously you are supposed to learn in the classroom and all that stuff, but I mean out side the class. It's really where you figure out who you are and what you are made of… Not to get too deep on you or anything but just hang with me for a few minuets I would like to share with you one of the most recent things I have learned, so hear it is. College basketball is not always easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.  Sometimes we spend WAY too many hours with each other, and sometimes we REALLY don’t want to run that last suicide. But it is DEFINITELY worth it. The lessons I have learned being on this team are uncountable, the friendships that I have gained and I am confident will last forever are incomparable, and the love that I and the rest of the players have for each other and the game is uncontainable. Truly indescribable.
Not only have I learned how to properly step into my shot from coach Harrer or how to effectively play post defense from coach Campbell, but I have also learned leadership from Meg, Rachel, and Jess. I learned servant hood from Audrey, Pup and Erin. I learned passion from Larry, Nancy and Allyson. I learned to take everything one day at a time from Sheri, Natalia and Amber. I learned to laugh at my self from Janaya, Alissa and Laurel. I learned persistence from Sam, Lexi and Marissa.  And I have learned that it’s ok to be psycho from Tupac.
The point is that every single person on this team has helped me grow. I consider myself sooooo blessed to be a part of this team and program. Every team has rough spots, but not everyone gets out of them. We are getting out. The great Michael Jordan once said, “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, Go through it, or work around it." We are climbing; we are climbing higher and harder than any team before. And get ready Mount cause you are about to feel the heat of our comeback. We are coming fast and hard.
All we have, in everything we do.
Lets go jackets! Lets rally!
 
God Bless, Steph #12

oh and because that was alittle bit less of a fun blog than normal, i thought i would add this little video of me and pup singing our favorite song <3 span="">