Sunday, June 16, 2013

They call me Mari Shangas

Howdy y'all!

I apologize for the delay between posts, I just got back from a nice little vacation to paradise (Wrightsville Beach) in North Carolina. I must say, the beach life is just a tad bit better than the Berea life. Sunny and 90+ degrees everyday and none of the 85 degrees one day and 40 the next weather that Ohio is infamous for. I went down with a group of my friends and we stayed on a resort that was right on the beach and right down the road was Michel Jordon's mom's house; it was Pink. It actually wasn't really a house, instead it was a small castle.

Anyways, the name is actually Shari Mangas and not Mari. It all started with Coach Campbell switching the first letters of my first and last name around Shari=Mari and Mangas=Shangas. It started as a joke but as the season progressed, it actually started to stick. Another team favorite was Sam.. she turned into Hammy. Some people it didn't really work out for; like Rachel. She stayed Rachel. Boring life, I know :) I will be a Junior this year and can officially say that I am an upperclassman and feel old as dirt already. I am a Sport Management and Business major. I'm from the littlest town in NW Ohio called Leipsic and it's about a 3 three drive from BW. Though, I am staying up here this summer with Tali (Natalia #15) and two other of our friends. It feels good to be living on my own but paying bills is something that I will NEVER like or get used to. I "work" at the school doing stadium crew/maintenance odds and ends. Basically, Al (Allyson Helleis), Sam (Sam Hamar aka Hammy) and I mow lawns, listen to music and get our farmers tans on and get paid for it.

Summer has consisted of work, working out and playing/beating up on random teams. Every Thursday a group of us go to Brunswick's rec league and play. There are a few Mount players that go as well so we take it more seriously than we probably should but it is always nice beating Mount players 77-37 (true score). We also have gone to NDC and Walsh and played pretty well even missing half the team. Needless to say, we are about to run it next year and I know I can't wait for all of the new Freshman to come in and help us do just that!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and working on those skills so we can go get those rings this year!! After all, championships can't be won in the offseason but they can definitely be lost. Be safe, have fun and stay classy my friends!

Shari Mangas #20